VW Sharan repair. Diesel engines: 1,9 l of TDI.
+ 1. Introduction
+ 2. VR6 engine
+ 3. Two-liter engine (ADY)
+ 4. System of greasing of the engine
+ 5. Cooling system
- 6. System of injection of fuel of the VR6 engine
6.1. Precautionary measures at work on repair of system of injection
6.2. A principle of work of ESUD under various conditions
+ 6.3. Injection system
+ 6.4. Malfunctions of system of injection
+ 6.5. Work on repair and service of system of injection
6.6. Cable of a drive of a butterfly valve
+ 6.7. Electric fuel pump
6.8. Fuel filter
6.9. The fuel level sensor in a tank
6.10. Air filter
+ 7. Simos system of injection of fuel of the 2,0-liter engine
+ 8. Ignition system
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Mechanical 5-step transmission
+ 11. Shaft of a drive of wheels
+ 12. Hydraulic booster of a steering
+ 13. Forward suspension bracket
+ 14. Back suspension bracket
+ 15. Brake system
+ 16. Electric equipment
+ 17. Diesel engine
+ 18. System of greasing of the diesel engine
+ 19. System of cooling of the diesel engine
+ 20. Power supply system of the diesel engine and turbokompressor
+ maintenance Card
+ Specifications and characteristics
Repair Sharan/Sharan Volkswagen>> System of injection of fuel of the VR6 engine
Engine management of VR6 is carried out by system of injection of Motronic made by Bosch firm which was already established earlier on other models of cars of Volkswagen and Audi firms. This system represents an electronic complex of management of operation of the engine which, being based on the data arriving from various sensors, defines amount of injected fuel and the ignition moment depending on loading and operating conditions of the engine. The amount of fuel injected into cylinders and an exact advancing of ignition defines the electronic control unit (EBU). Data from sensors in the form of electric signals about a thermal condition of the engine, frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft, amount of air arriving in the engine, extent of compression, coal of opening of a butterfly valve, position of shatunny necks of a cranked shaft and respectively about position of pistons go to EBU which processes them and uses information that allows to provide optimum composition of gas mixture during each concrete moment of operation of the engine.
EBU of the VR6 engine has the built-in registrar of malfunctions which finds violations in work of EBU and elements of Motronic system and enters them into EBU memory. At malfunction of sensors of temperature of cooling liquid, temperatures of soaked-up air, a potentiometer of a measuring instrument of a consumption of EBU air starts to work according to the sizes accepted "by default". After EBU return to a normal mode use of the sizes accepted "by default", stops.
For simplification of search of malfunctions possibility of a request of the current parameters is provided by means of EBU and actuating of this or that element of system.
For search of the malfunctions entered into a memory of EBU, use of diagnostic stands of the firm which has let out the car is necessary. After elimination of malfunctions on HUNDRED, they are erased from memory of the registrar of malfunctions that allows the registrar of malfunctions to write down new malfunctions at their detection, without confusing them to old malfunctions.
Turns of idling and share WITH are regulated in the electronic way and cannot be checked and adjusted without use thus the registrar of malfunctions. Idling can be measured by means of tachometer specially intended for this engine and should make from 660 to 740 mines-1. If they do not correspond to norm, it is necessary to address on HUNDRED.
For the correct measurement of quantity of turns of idling execute the following recommendations:
- warm up the engine to working temperature. It should be at least 80 ° C;
- switch off everything consumers of an electric current;
- switch off the conditioner if it is;
- the system of release of OG should be in good repair;
- measure a share WITH by means of the special device. The place of connection of the device for measurement WITH settles down near the case of a butterfly valve and is built in a reception pipe. The admissible share WITH makes from 0,3 to 1,2 %.
The arrangement of elements of an electronic control system is shown by the VR6 Motronic engine (ESUD) on (fig. 198) .
ESUD consists of the following basic elements:
- the tank with absorbent carbon 1 (see fig. 198 ) is placed in the right wheel arch;
- the electromagnetic valve 2 opens and closes connection between the tank with absorbent carbon and the engine;
- the sensor of a mass consumption of air 3 is located in a stream of air soaked up through the air filter between the air filter of air and an inlet hose;
- the inlet hose 4 has connection for heating of ventilation of a case;
- preliminary heating of an operating part of a butterfly valve is carried out by means of cooling liquid;
- functions of sensors of a detonation 6 and 16 are described in section 8;
EBU is placed by the engine behind the dashboard in car salon;
- functions of the coil of ignition 9 are described in the section 8);
- temperature switches are closed or open depending on temperature of cooling liquid. The temperature switch 10 serves for conditioner switching off, and also the third step of the fan of system of cooling. It has a brown shtekerny block and the four-contact socket. Is available only on cars with the established conditioner;
- the sensor of temperature 11 has a dark blue shtekerny block and the two-contact socket. It informs EBU on temperature of cooling liquid;
- the sensor of temperature 13 informs EBU on air temperature in an inlet pipe;
- the sensor of frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of the engine 15 gives information of EBU on the current frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of the engine.