VW Sharan repair. Diesel engines: 1,9 l of TDI.
+ 1. Introduction
+ 2. VR6 engine
+ 3. Two-liter engine (ADY)
+ 4. System of greasing of the engine
- 5. Cooling system
+ 5.1. Cooling liquid
+ 5.2. Radiator and fan
+ 5.3. Pump of water cooling of the 2,0-liter engine
+ 5.4. Pump of water cooling of the VR6 engine
5.5. Thermostat of the 2,0-liter engine
5.6. VR6 engine thermostat
5.7. Poliklinova belt
5.8. The circulating pump of cooling liquid
+ 6. System of injection of fuel of the VR6 engine
+ 7. Simos system of injection of fuel of the 2,0-liter engine
+ 8. Ignition system
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Mechanical 5-step transmission
+ 11. Shaft of a drive of wheels
+ 12. Hydraulic booster of a steering
+ 13. Forward suspension bracket
+ 14. Back suspension bracket
+ 15. Brake system
+ 16. Electric equipment
+ 17. Diesel engine
+ 18. System of greasing of the diesel engine
+ 19. System of cooling of the diesel engine
+ 20. Power supply system of the diesel engine and turbokompressor
+ maintenance Card
+ Specifications and characteristics
Repair Sharan/Sharan Volkswagen>> Cooling system>> VR6 engine thermostat
The thermostat 3 (fig. 193) is in the separate case of 1 thermostat in which except the thermostat two temperature sensors settle down: the sensor of the 9th temperature of cooling liquid and the sensor 10 of turning on of the fan of system of cooling at the idle engine.
Fastening of three temperature sensors in the thermostat case is a little unusual. They not привернуты, and fasten spring clips which are necessary for opening by means of a screw-driver, in case of removal of sensors. Temperature sensors have O-shaped sealing rings thanks to which demanded tightness is provided. Blocks if they are disconnected, it is impossible to mix Shtekernye, as they different color; at the sensor of temperature of cooling liquid the dvukhshtyrkovy socket, and at the sensor of turning on of the fan of system of cooling at the idle engine — the chetyrekhshtyrkovy socket.
The thermostat is located under a cover 4 (to which the hose is attached) with an O-shaped sealing ring 6.
Removal of the thermostat of the VR6 engine carry out as follows:
- open a cover of a broad tank;
- merge cooling liquid at least to level of installation of the thermostat (about 4 l of cooling liquid);
- disconnect a hose from a cover of the thermostat and uncover;
- take the thermostat.
The thermostat is not subject to repair and consequently at malfunction it should be changed.
Check of operability of the thermostat is carried out in the same way, as for the thermostat of the 2,0-liter engine. It is necessary to replace the faulty thermostat.
At thermostat installation:
- use a new sealing ring;
- check a hose clip before again it to tighten on a hose;
- fill in cooling liquid in cooling system.
If details from the thermostat case acted in film, at their installation observe the following recommendations:
- establish the thermostat case with a new sealing ring on the engine and tighten long bolts 2 (above, see fig. 193 ) the moment of 10 N · m;
- if the cover of the case 7 and the pipeline of cooling liquid were removed, surely replace their sealing rings. The pipeline of cooling liquid insert densely into a cover and wrap bolts of 2 fastenings (below, see fig. 193 ) covers the moment of 10 N · m;
- if temperature sensors 9 and 10 were removed establish new About-shaped rings, insert the corresponding sensor and pull over it from above a spring clip;
- if the pipeline of cooling liquid was removed, for both ends of the pipeline it is necessary to establish new sealing rings.