VW Sharan repair. Diesel engines: 1,9 l of TDI.
+ 1. Introduction
+ 2. VR6 engine
+ 3. Two-liter engine (ADY)
+ 4. System of greasing of the engine
+ 5. Cooling system
+ 6. System of injection of fuel of the VR6 engine
+ 7. Simos system of injection of fuel of the 2,0-liter engine
+ 8. Ignition system
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Mechanical 5-step transmission
+ 11. Shaft of a drive of wheels
+ 12. Hydraulic booster of a steering
+ 13. Forward suspension bracket
+ 14. Back suspension bracket
+ 15. Brake system
- 16. Electric equipment
- 16.1. Storage battery
16.1.1. AB check
+ 16.2. Generator
+ 16.3. Starter
+ 16.4. Screen wipers
+ 16.5. Headlights
16.6. Back lamps
16.7. Replacement of lamps of forward indexes of turn
+ 17. Diesel engine
+ 18. System of greasing of the diesel engine
+ 19. System of cooling of the diesel engine
+ 20. Power supply system of the diesel engine and turbokompressor
+ maintenance Card
+ Specifications and characteristics
Repair Sharan/Sharan Volkswagen>> Electric equipment>> Storage battery>> AB check
Complete check of a condition of AB includes:
- check of level of electrolit in accumulators;
- measurement of density of electrolit in accumulators;
- measurement of an electromotive power (EDS) of AB;
- measurement of tension of the battery.
Check of level of electrolit in accumulators
As it was already told, AB unattended. It is filled with sulfuric acid which is diluted with the distilled water. The part of water can evaporate, therefore from time to time check level of electrolit and if necessary add the distilled water as insufficient quantity of electrolit reduces AB service life.
For check of level of electrolit turn out jams of jellied openings of accumulators. A glass tube with internal diameter of 3 — 5 mm lower in a jellied opening of the accumulator against the stop in a safety grid, clamp a finger the top opening of a tube and accurately take it from the accumulator. The height of a column of the electrolit which has remained in the lower part of a tube, should be within 10 — 15 mm. Thus pay attention to color of electrolit. Brown or brown color of electrolit testifies that the active mass of positive plates was showered.
Besides on the AB translucent case labels "Move" and «Мin» are put. Level of electrolit is considered normal if it is between these labels.
If level of electrolit is lower than norm, in the accumulator it is necessary to add the distilled water. Add water at the idle engine, when AB cold.
Measurement of density of electrolit
On density of electrolit judge degree of a zaryazhennost of AB. Than the density is lower, subjects AB is more strongly discharged. It is possible to measure density of electrolit, using the areometer or a plotnomer. A tube of the areometer lower in the accumulator, and a rubber pear gather in it electrolit until the float will not emerge. Division to which the float will be shipped, and will show electrolit density.
Measurement of density of electrolit of AB by means of a plotnomer more conveniently as in it there are no glass details — the case with a tube and seven floats are executed from plastic, and, secondly, to use it simpler. The figures put on the case, against each float, specify the smallest density at which it emerges. The float specifying density of 1,27 g/cm3, is painted in yellow or red color. The density of electrolit is determined by the emerged float with the greatest figure.
If level of electrolit is small, at first add in the accumulator the distilled water and only in one and a half-two hour when water will mix up with electrolit, start density measurement.
At the received value equal of 1,28 g/cm3, AB it is charged completely; at value of 1,12 g/cm3 — it is completely discharged.
AB can be recharged from any source of a direct current with the tension exceeding its rated voltage. There are two main ways of a charging of AB: at constancy of a current and at constancy of tension.
The first way is better (from the point of view of depth and completeness of a charge), but he demands a long time and continuous control of process of a charging. The second way though does not provide a total charge of AB, but allows to support it in working condition.
At a charging of AB it is expedient to use the charger which provides AB charge with a method of constancy of a current.
Before a charging of AB execute the following:
- remove AB from the car or disconnect it from an onboard network;
- unscrew jams of jellied openings from accumulators and simply put them on jellied openings;
- put round AB of the newspaper or something similar as at a charging of electrolits almost for certain will spill;
- provide good airing of a room if the charging is carried out indoors.
Charging of AB carry out in the following order:
- connect AB conclusions to the corresponding plugs of the charger;
- turn on the charger and establish the force of a charging current equal of 10 % for capacity of AB;
- during AB charging periodically check a current, electrolit temperature, electrolit density;
AB is considered completely charged if during 2 h the density of electrolit and tension of the battery is constants, and at a charging there is a rough gas evolution (electrolit "boiling");
- switch off a charger food from the power supply network;
- disconnect charger wires from AB conclusions, wrap jams of jellied openings.
Removal and AB installation
AB is located in a motor compartment of the engine and fastens a clamping level to a tray. Before removal of AB make sure that you have a written-down code of a radio tape recorder.
Before AB removal surely disconnect ignition and all consumers of a current.
Removal of AB carry out in the following order:
- weaken a nut on the plug of a "minus" wire and remove the plug from AB conclusion;
- weaken a nut on the plug of a "plusovy" wire and remove the plug from AB conclusion;
- turn out a bolt 3 (fig. 333) , fixing a clamping level 2 in the bottom of AB, and remove it;
- remove AB from the car.
Before AB installation:
- check a condition of polar conclusions of AB. A large white or greenish raid remove with a rag moistened with hot water;
- smooth out conclusions of AB and the plug of wires an emery paper of average granularity to metal shine;
- wash up and wipe dry AB cover, its lateral walls and a bottom. It will prolong tray service life on which it is established, and the metal details located in the neighbourhood;
- check electrolit level.
AB installation carry out as it should be, the return to removal, thus:
- watch that AB was reliably fixed on a tray as its vibration causes damages of lead plates;
- grease polar conclusions of AB with special Bosh greasing or vaseline;
- at first connect to AB conclusion the plug of a "plusovy" wire, and then — "minus";
- after connection of plugs of wires with conclusions of AB both that and others cover with a protective film (PVK greasing or VTV-1, "Unisma", WD-40);
- enter a protective code into a radio tape recorder and establish time on hours.
Engine start from discharged AB the prikurivaniye method
At engine start-up from an extraneous power source, for example AB of other car, consider the following features:
- use whenever possible special starting cables for the "prikurivaniye", intended for cars with electronic ignition;
- try to get auxiliary starting cables with copper wires inside as aluminum wires at "prikurivaniye" very strongly heat up, isolation as a result can melt and at removal of wires it is possible to burn strongly;
- for the car with the engine in working volume to 2,5 l the cross-section section of a starting cable should make not less than 16 mm2. The size of its section is specified on packing;
- the starting cable should have powerful connecting clips.
Engine start from discharged AB carry out in the following order:
- adjust the car - "donor" (from which will be made "prikurivaniye") closely to Sharan cowl that it was possible to attach an auxiliary starting cable to discharged AB;
AB of both cars should have one face value of tension — 12 In and approximately identical capacity;
- check electrolit level in discharged AB. If necessary restore it, having added the distilled water;
- check correctness of connection of AB to an onboard network of the car;
- discharged AB do not disconnect from an onboard network of the car;
- it is necessary to put both cars on the parking brake, the switch of transfers of a manual transmission to transfer to neutral situation, and an automatic transmission — in the provision of a parking of "R";
- switch off ignition;
- switch off on the car everything consumers of a current;
- check reliability of clips and integrity of isolation of an auxiliary starting cable;
- attach a starting cable in the following sequence:
1 — a clip «+» a cable to discharged AB;
2 — a clip «+» a cable to charged AB;
3 — a clip «–» a cable to charged AB;
4 — a clip «–» a cable to "mass" of a body of the car;
- start the car engine - "donor" and deduce it on a steady mode of idling;
- start the car engine from discharged AB. At start inclusion of a starter should not exceed 7 — 10 with;
- if the engine is not started at once, do before each new attempt a pause 30 — 40 with that the starter could cool down;
- deduce the engine from discharged AB on a steady mode of idling. Include on 10 — 15 about all consumers of the electric power of the car on the maximum capacity;
- if the engine works steadily, disconnect an auxiliary starting cable in return sequence (i.e. 4, 3, 2 and 1).
There are also other ways of start of the engine at discharged AB.
Engine start «from a push» or at towage of the car are the most known in the ways of start of the engine at discharged AB. However it is necessary to refuse these receptions, if the engine is not started because of faulty system of ignition or if AB is too strongly discharged (at the included ignition control lamps of devices do not burn).