VW Sharan repair. Diesel engines: 1,9 l of TDI.
- 1. Introduction
1.1. New VW Sharan
1.2. Car identification
1.3. General recommendations about car repairs
1.4. Conditions of work and the used tool
1.5. Correct lifting of the car
+ 1.6. Works on repair and service
1.7. Lubricants, hermetics, Loctite
1.8. Corrected addresses with carving connections, bolts, nuts
+ 2. VR6 engine
+ 3. Two-liter engine (ADY)
+ 4. System of greasing of the engine
+ 5. Cooling system
+ 6. System of injection of fuel of the VR6 engine
+ 7. Simos system of injection of fuel of the 2,0-liter engine
+ 8. Ignition system
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Mechanical 5-step transmission
+ 11. Shaft of a drive of wheels
+ 12. Hydraulic booster of a steering
+ 13. Forward suspension bracket
+ 14. Back suspension bracket
+ 15. Brake system
+ 16. Electric equipment
+ 17. Diesel engine
+ 18. System of greasing of the diesel engine
+ 19. System of cooling of the diesel engine
+ 20. Power supply system of the diesel engine and turbokompressor
+ maintenance Card
+ Specifications and characteristics
Repair Sharan/Sharan Volkswagen>> Introduction>> Conditions of work and the used tool
To carry out repair work it is best of all in the pure, well shined place where there is a workbench and a vice. Also should be rather empty seat to have possibility to spread out various details in a certain order. In well equipped repair truck it is possible to work comfortably and without vanity, to disassemble and again to assemble the car in a pure place. However, unfortunately, not everyone has a possibility to work in ideal conditions therefore constantly it is necessary to adapt to real conditions and it is desirable to have whenever possible more complete set of the high-quality tool.
The good high-quality tool serves long and in any case justifies expenses on its acquisition. A basis of a set of tools is the set of rozhkovy wrenches 1 (fig. 4) .
It is desirable to have a set of wrenches with a cap head which are very convenient when untwisting the "become attached" screws and nuts and also where there is not enough place.
To cut down expenses, it is possible to manage a set of the combined wrenches 2 (see fig. 4 ) which on the one hand have a rozhkovy head, and with another a cap head. It is also desirable to get a set of face heads with which will turn off very conveniently for the remote or deeply drowned nuts and screws.
The set of krestovy screw-drivers, pincers and hammer are necessary. In automotive industry screws with a so-called face head of "Torx" are even more often applied. For untwisting of such screws the special set of heads which сходни with usual, but have the various size (are designated by the letter "T", for example, «T40» or «T50») is used. In addition to the capital equipment it is possible to get some more special tools which often appear irreplaceable, for example, a shock screw-driver without which hardly it will be possible to untwist the screws twirled by machine way by means of a usual crosswise screw-driver, without having damaged them thus. The shock screw-driver can be used and at an inhaling of screws, often happen the kruglogubets (fig. 5) applied at removal of safety lock rings which are very difficult for removing by means of a screw-driver are necessary.
There are two types of kruglogubets: the nippers intended for removal of external lock rings, and other type — for removal of internal lock rings. They happen with direct or slanted прихватами. One of the most useful special tools is the dinamometrichesky key 5 (fig. 6) which represents a usual wrench, adjustable in such a manner that it will slip, if the exposed size of the moment of an inhaling of the screw or a nut is exceeded. The similar key can have an arrow who shows size of the moment of an inhaling.
Than the car model is more modern, especially difficult there is a carrying out independent repair work. Thus the expensive special equipment used for diagnostics and repair is often necessary. So it is in certain cases better to charge simply carrying out repair to the expert at service station of cars (HUNDRED).
In spite of the fact that in the present repair manual speaks, how it is possible to establish various units and mechanisms without use of special tools, all of us urgently recommend to get more often used tools. Some most widespread tools and auxiliaries which constantly are required at independent repair and car service, are shown on fig. 6 .
Safety requirements and preventions
At work on service and car repairs it is necessary to observe the following recommendations which will allow to avoid traumas and damages:
- release a workplace from superfluous subjects to reduce probability of that you will stumble about something;
- before the beginning of works check serviceability of the tool and adaptations, put in order working clothes: be clasped, fill clothes so that there were no hanging-down ends, fill hair under fitting tightly headdress;
- at carrying out any kinds of works the car should be reliably braked;
- do not perform works under the car, standing only on a figurative jack, always substitute additional support;
- do not carry out service and car repairs at the working engine, except for separate types of the works which technology of carrying out demands engine start-up;
- do not allow dangerous approach of hands, parts of clothes, the tool to working driving belts, pulleys, etc.;
- never tighten wheels or nuts if the car is lifted;
- never open a cover of a broad tank of system of cooling on the hot engine. In that case if it is necessary, put a thick rag round a cover of a broad tank and slightly unscrew a cover so that let's leave to pair;
- observe fire safety regulations;
- do not allow operation of the engine indoors, not having good ventilation, in order to avoid poisoning with carbon monoxide;
- never merge engine oil on the hot engine;
- the fulfilled oils and special liquids are subject to collecting and delivery for processing or in utilization;
- do not allow hit of brake liquid or antifreeze on a paint and varnish covering of the car;
- as a result of functioning of brake mechanisms the dust from brake slips which is unhealthy is allocated. All works on cleaning of brake mechanisms carry out in breath means of protection — respirators;
- always clean from the earth the oil or greasing remains in order that on them not to slip;
- when receiving a trauma always close a plaster open wounds, try not to allow hits on them of dirt, oil, etc.;
- removal or installation of heavy units and knots carry out together with the assistant;
- do not allow presence of children or pets near the car at carrying out repair work;
- at repair of system of production of the fulfilled gases wait, while it will not cool down;
- at work with devices with the electric drive, such as a drill or the grinding tool, surely put on goggles. Points will not prevent at work under the car bottom;
- whenever possible try not to work alone under a vehicle;
- never finish work in a hurry as it is possible to forget to twirl or simply not up to the end to wrap any nuts.